It's hard to beat this portable pellet grill, a great price, excellent features, and wifi controlled options to make your grilling experience simple.
Green Mountain Grills has stepped up their game recently and is one of the best pellet grill options on the market today, They have always made some of the best Pellet Grills and within the last few years they have lowered their prices making their pellet grills one of the best options in the industry. The Davy Crockett Tailgater model is their portable pellet grill model and offers some fancy extra features such as wifi control, digital thermometer, stainless steel hood, and multiple power options including AC adapter, 12 volt plug, and alligator clips. You want find another Pellet Grill in this price range with the quality and wifi option making Green Mountain Grills one of our top choices for pellet grills.
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Tailgater Pellet Grill Features:
Wireless Controlled Cooking
One of the absolute best options that sets Green Mountain Grills apart is the optional upgrade (Approximately $150) to have wifi control of your portable pellet grill. The range is approximately 100 feet and makes grilling, smoking, and baking in your pellet grill super easy. You can view your cook times, grill temperatures, and internal meat cooking temperatures all from your smart device. You can also adjust the cooking temperature, set timer alerts, and alerts when your food’s internal temperature reach a certain level. Sit back in your lounge chair and drink your beer my friend, no need to hover over that grill!
Portable and Compact For Easy Transport
One of the great features of Green Mountain Grill’s Davy Crockett Tailgater is that the legs fold up and act as handles for easy transport.
The control head for Green Mountain Grill’s Jim Bowie Pellet Grill is sturdy and simple to use. With an easy to adjust temperature control and a digital readout it is easy to set your cooking temperature. You can also plug in a meat probe to the controller (Not needed with upgraded wi-fi option) and pressing the food button will show the internal meat temperature.Control your grill’s temperature from 150′-500’F (66′-260’C) in 5′ increments.
Overall this is one of the best options on the market for portable pellet grills. It is slightly heavier than other brands we have seen but the overall quality seems to be better also. It weighs 57 pounds so toting this grill long distances really wouldn’t be practical. Other features include a positive pressure hopper fan to prevent burn-back, “fan only” mode with automatic shut-off to blow ash out of the firebox after you finish grilling, 9 pound hopper capacity, and a 432 square inch cooking grate.
- This grill is Wi-Fi enabled (Optional Upgrade)
- Digital Controller: Control your grill’s temperature from 150′-500’F (66′-260’C) in 5′ increments. From smoke to sear, you will have unparalleled accuracy, winter or summer.
- Meat Probe: Just plug the probe into the jack on the controller, put it through the access hole in the side of the grill, and insert into the meat. Push the Food button on the controller, and it will immediately display the internal temperature of the meat you’re grilling.
- Efficient Firebox: The firebox has vertical grooves cut evenly on its sides so that the air “whirlwinds” around the fire and gives much more complete combustion due to increased air circulation. This “cyclone” effect means more efficient pellet usage.
- Thermal Sensor: Maintain a constant internal temperature year round with a Green Mountain Grill. Your grill will come equipped with an internal thermal sensor that regulates the temperature by adjusting air and pellet flow to maintain a constant internal temperature. Enjoy grilling all year long!
- Durable BAKED-ON Finish: Green Mountain Grills have a great, long-lasting paint job.
- Wi-Fi Controller allows you to adjust the temps right from your phone (Optional Upgrade)