Grilling your Filet Mignon on a pellet grill is the perfect way to get that perfectly cooked steak, the kind where you cook to a perfect buttery tenderness that you can cut with a fork. To make the most of your pellet grilled Filet Mignon choose a top 1/3rd USDA Choice or Higher Filet Mignon.
Pellet Grill Perfect Filet Mignon
- 1 FILET MIGNON Top 1/3rd USDA Choice or Higher Filet Mignon.
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Butter Softened
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, and softened butter. Rub on both sides of filets. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat Pellet grill to 450 degreees
- Place steaks on grill and cook on each side. Use the guide Below for cooking times. A thermometer is best for accuracy.
- Gauge doneness. This may be determined by touch or meat thermometer. A rare steak will feel very soft when touched and will have an internal temperature of 120° - 125°F. Medium rare steak will feel soft and spongy to the touch and register 130° F, medium steaks will offer resistance when touched and register 140° -145° F. Well-done steaks will be firm with an internal temperature of 160° F
- Rest your steak. Allow steaks to stand for 5 minutes before serving. This lets the juices flow from the center of the meat to the exterior, resulting in a juicy & succulent steak.
|Thickness||Rare 110° To 120° F||Medium Rare 120° To 130° F||Medium 130° To 140° F|
|1.5"||3 min EACH SIDE||3.5 min EACH SIDE||4 min EACH SIDE|
|1.75"||3.5 min EACH SIDE||4 min EACH SIDE||4.5 min EACH SIDE|
|2"||4 min EACH SIDE||4.5 min EACH SIDE||5 min EACH SIDE|