Cherry Smoked Pellet Grill Pork Chops
Pellet Grill smoked pork chops are a big winner at any cookout. Compared to other cuts of pork, smoked pork chops don't take a long time to smoke, especially if you choose the thinner ones.Print
Recommended Wood Pellets
- 1 Unit Cherry Wood Pellets
- 4 Whole Pork Chops Approx 1lb each
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Cups Ice Cubes
- 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp Onion Powder
- .5 tsp Chipotle Powder
- .5 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Med Onion Diced
- 2 Whole Apples Diced and Peeled
- 2 Cups Sauerkraut
- In a bowl or stainless steel pot large enough to hold the chops, dissolve salt, white sugar in the hot water. Add the cold water and the ice cubes. You want the liquid volume to be about 1 gallon. Once the solution is nice and cold add the chops, making sure they are completely covered by the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 6 – 8 hours.
- Remove chops from brine and pat dry.
- Make a rub for the chops by mixing together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder & black pepper. Rub the chops on both sides with the spice mixture and place on the pellet grill.
- Set the grill to 225 degrees F, close the lid and smoke the chops for 2 hours.
- In a cast iron frying pan, large enough to hold the pork chops, sauté the chopped onions and apples until softened and add the sauerkraut. Add the smoked chops to the pan, arranging the onion, apple & sauerkraut mixture around and on top of the chops.
- Turn the Pellet Grill up to 350 degrees F. Place the pan on the grill, close the lid and bake the chops until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, (about 35 – 40 minutes).