Apple Wood Pellet’s are a great option when wanting to cook a meal on your pellet grill that produces a smoky, yet mild with a hint of sweetness smoked product. Apple wood pellets are a favorite for grilling wild game and work well when cooking pulled pork shoulder or chicken.
Apple Wood Pellet Options
Favorite Apple Wood Pellet Recipes:
Glazed Bourbon and Apple Pellet Grill Ham
Wood Pellets Suggestions
- 1 Group Apple Wood Pellets
- 1 Whole Fully Cooked Ham
- 2 Cups Applejuice
- 1 Cup Apple Jelly
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tbsp cloves Ground
- Set the Pellet Grill temperature to 350F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour the apple juice or in the bottom of the pan. Place on the Pellet Grill and close the lid. Allow 15 to 18 minutes per lb. for a half-ham, and 10 to 15 minutes per lb. for a whole ham.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the apple jelly. Whisk in the mustard, bourbon, lemon juice, and ground clove and remove from the heat. Brush over the outside of the ham 40 to 50 minutes before you expect the ham to be done.
- Let the ham rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving